- Listening to late 90's and early 00's pop music - Britney Spears. There - I said it. There's something strangely satisfying about knowing all the words to 'Hit Me Baby One More Time' and being able to do a horrifyingly accurate impression of Britney, with everything from the nasalness to the awkward moaning into the first word of each line. The song just takes me back to my childhood of listening to my Pop Party 3 CD, wearing jeans with a sparkly belt I'd tie up at the side to be cool and jumping up and down at disco parties.
- Singing badly when I'm driving - With or Without You, Uptown Funk, Since You Been Gone, Total Eclipse of the Heart - these are all songs that I have well and truly butchered whilst I've been on my travels.
- Watching Glee - Oh my god I love Glee arghhhhhhhh. I can't even describe how uplifting it is - seeing young people follow their dreams and pursue their talents, with the constant message of self acceptance and being true to who you are being promoted...I am a self confessed Gleek. It's majorly cheesy and unrealistic, but I just love Glee. Of course there's the romances as well, my favourite one being Kurt and Blaine's, a gay couple who at times look into each other's eyes with such adoration, eternal love and respect that my 18 year old hopeless romantic heart can't cope and I just want to be them. Then there's Rachel Berry's amazing voice, Sue Sylvester's evil genus style insults, the constant breakout into song regardless of the situation - I need Glee in my life.
- Comfort spending/eating - This is probably the one I feel the most guilty about... but shopping and spending money on nice clothes (and food) always makes me feel so good about myself. It's not necessarily the fact that I'm spending money that makes me feel better, but more so how I feel I'm giving myself a treat like buying clothes that I can wear for an upcoming occasion, or getting that Subway that I know I shouldn't.
- Putting more food on my plate than I can cope with at a buffet to avoid getting back up, eating it all and not putting on any weight (boom) - I'm a girl who loves and cherishes her food, and I'd sooner put too much food on my plate at a buffet than having to keep getting up to get more and risk looking greedy. However, I still manage to look greedy. It comes to something when a fat Spanish waiter on holiday looked at the amount of cakes on my plate in shock and pointed out how much food I was about to eat. And yet I'm still not the fat one...
- Being a lightweight - Bear with me on this one. Like all foolish teenagers I have had some bad experiences with alcohol, but being a lightweight means I can get tipsy quickly off a few cocktails that just taste like sugar and have amusing names, but as soon as the shots come out, I can say to people 'No guys I am a major lightweight!!!' and not feel guilty for not succumbing to peer pressure. That must sound terrible, but what I mean is being a lightweight means I have very strict limits with alcohol and it gives me an excuse to not partake in drinking disgusting drinks and instead drink a 'Woo Woo' cocktail (which is the best thing ever).
- Doing pole fitness - There is a long overdue post on my attempt to do pole fitness and it will come. I've only been to about four classes with Chelsea, but pole fitness is honestly so much fun and is a major total body workout. After my first lesson, the instructor said that because you're body has never been through this, all the muscles will have torn and over two weeks will gradually repair. I thought she was joking when she described the pain but OMG I couldn't even brush my hair without my arms being in agony. I guess pole fitness is a guilty pleasure because whilst I enjoy it, it is embarrassing to talk about as people just associate it with strippers, high heels etc.
- Watching countless rom coms and chick flicks - Ok I'm so not guilty about this - this is my favourite thing to do.
I'm sure I have more guilty pleasures than this, but these are some of the little things I've been doing for the last few months that have made me smile :)