In an itty bitty nutshell, the Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers and is a great way to help spread the word about newer blogs.
There are only 5 rules to the Liebster award, which are:
- Show some appreciation to the person who nominated you, and link back to them.
- Answer the 11 questions presented by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 blogs, preferably all with less than 200 readers.
- Write 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Notify the persons/blogs you have nominated.
1. What is the one place in the world, where you would never want to go?
I think I would really struggle to go to any African country where the children are undernourished or are very ill. I find it horrible to watch adverts/programmes on the TV that show these children in pain and not getting the help that they need. The thought of having to actually see the challenges they face and possibly could not overcome due to their poverty is unbearable.
2. And the one place you're dying to go to?
NEW YORK! Although I like a relaxing holiday... I am a city girl! I love the idea of going shopping in New York, having a jog around Central Park and really getting a feel for the excitement of being in the city. And of course writing for a New York magazine/newspaper. Some people really hate being in the city and can feel really suffocated, but personally, I love the hustle and bustle nature!
3. What are you truly good at?
Writing- it is the thing I love doing the most and after a lot of consideration, the career path I would like to go down later on in my life.
4. If you could act in any kind of a movie, what would the movie be like and who would you play?
I think I'd find myself acting in some sort of romantic comedy where the main female character is a bit ditzy and awkward- a sort of Bridget Jones character!
5. Pick three items you would never ever give up.
- My blue ring that belonged to my grandma before she died when I was a baby as it is one of the only connections I have left to her.
- Hmmm... does a pen count? I would really struggle to give up writing- you'd have to wrestle the pen and paper off me!
- Ok I have no imagination today and can't think of anything else important- but I certainly would not give up biscuits! As well as being a city girl, I am a biscuit girl!
6. Why are you writing a blog?
I am writing a blog as I am passionate about writing and want to showcase my work to the rest of the world (as cheesy as it may be). Also, I wanted a change from simply writing essays for homework so that I could develop myself as a writer and learn to write for a specific audience.
7. Would you want to be a professional blogger (as in one, who gets paid to write a blog?)
Absolutely! For me, blogging is such a great creative platform and to be paid to do something that I love would be amazing. At the end of the day, I will be completely happy if blogging remains as a hobby as I am proud to be able to say that I spend a large portion of my time doing the thing that I love the most- writing.
8. Name a few of your favourite bloggers.
Ok, I don't want to give the game away with the bloggers that I'm going to nominate just yet- so I will mention some of my favourite bloggers with 200+ viewers who I can't include in my list.
Cassey Ho- www.blogilates.com
Yolanda Shamash- http://www.notallaboutboys.com/
9. What do you hope to have achieved five years from now?
Ok, in five years time I will be 22, and if truth be told, I would like to have had a book published at this age. I know its a big ambition, but writing is such a huge dream of mine that I have had for years and I find the thought of writing my own book so ridiculously exciting. Of course, I want all the generic things like a steady job, health, happiness etc. but it really would be something if I could have my name on a published novel.
10. What is your favourite place to relax in?
Oooh I would have to say my bedroom. I love nothing more in the winter than snuggling under two quilts with blankets over me and the lights dimmed. Two of my bedroom walls are a dark pink and when the lights are dimmed, the walls give off a lovely, soothing glow that allow me to completely switch off and go into chill mode.
11. What does the fox say?
Well apparently- this noise (see video)! I have to admit that I thought it would be more of a purr or a growl... but each to their own.
1. Katie Paskin- http://chasingtheimpossibleblog.wordpress.com/
2. Emma Schwarz- http://emmalschwarz.blogspot.co.uk/
3. Kaz- http://sunshine--days.blogspot.co.uk/
4. Charlotte Eliza King http://www.charlotte-eliza-king.com/
5. Lisette Henry http://www.lisetteloves.com/
I know that there aren't that many names here and some of these may have over 200 followers, but these are my favourite bloggers and between them, are are my Fantastic Five of upcoming bloggers!
2. What inspired you to start blogging?
3. What is one of your big dreams for the future?
4. How do you see yourself in 10 years time?
5. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
6. What was your experience of when you first started blogging (i.e. getting it out there, finding your niche etc.)
7. Who is your blogging inspiration?
8. What advice would you give to someone starting to blog for the first time?
9. What message do you want your blog to give to its readers?
10. What is the greatest change in your blogging technique that you have noticed since you started?
11. English nerd question coming now (sorry guys!) What is your favourite book of all time?